This December, the Oak Bay Beach Hotel celebrates two major milestones: the 5-year anniversary of the new Oak Bay Beach Hotel and the 90-year anniversary of the original property on Beach Drive.
To mark this dual anniversary, the Oak Bay Beach Hotel has planned a series of exciting events for the community as well as the hotel’s past and future guests. From $0.90 coffee in Kate’s Café to $5 craft beer pints in The Snug pub, the hotel is ready to kick off a month-long celebration.
On Friday, Dec. 1, the Oak Bay Beach Hotel is hosting a community open house from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Join Pastry Chef Teddy Gopaloo in Kate’s Cafe for local Oughtred coffee and a selection of in-house pastries.
- 11 a.m. – Hotel Art Collection tour led by Winchester Gallery Gallerist Elizabeth Levinson
- Noon to 1 p.m. – New Winter menu tasting and local craft beer sampling, led by Food and Beverage Manager Christian Sealey
- 1 p.m to 2 p.m. – Anniversary cake cutting in the David Foster Foundation Theatre with General Manager, Michelle Le Sage
- 2 p.m to 4 p.m. – Boathouse Spa & Baths open house – Meet the team
A keepsake anniversary Ollie Bear – the hotel’s plush mascot – will be available for sale with 100 per cent of the net proceeds from sales on Dec. 1, donated towards the David Foster Foundation.