Families at the Oak Bay Beach Hotel
Thank you for considering the Oak Bay Beach Hotel for your family’s upcoming visit to Victoria! On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you soon. We know travelling with children can often add complexity to your booking needs, so it is our pleasure to share some of the features of the hotel from a family perspective to assist you in your booking decision.
For some rest and relaxation, we are pleased to recommend our Boathouse Spa & Baths, located seaside behind the Hotel. As our mineral baths are an extension of the Boathouse Spa, it is very important to always be mindful of excessive noise. Our Spa is a place of rejuvenation and tranquility. Children are invited to soak in our mineral baths, but must be respectful of this environment and supervised at all times. Other than safety flotation devices, water toys are not permitted in our baths or on the decks. For reasons of safety and hygiene, swim diapers must be worn by infants in the water. Please see Spa attendant or Front Desk for purchase. The baths are open from 9 am until 8 pm daily for families.
Please note that the mineral baths are reserved exclusively for adults (16 years and older) from 6 am to 9 am and 8 pm to midnight daily.
For other leisure opportunities may we suggest:
- Willows Beach – One of the most beautiful beaches in Greater Victoria (and only a short distance away), the sandy beach features open green spaces, playground, washroom facilities, concession and plenty of beachfront for strolling or playing.
- Oak Bay Recreation Centre – The centre offers many leisure opportunities, including swimming, skating, hockey and tennis to name a few. With two pools maintained at 83°F and 94°F – the pool features two waterslides, a basketball hoop and a rope swing. Please see the Concierge for complimentary vouchers and public swim time information.
- Explore the pebble beach along our waterfront, search for beach glass and enjoy the ocean views. Beach access is located adjacent to the Boathouse Spa building entrance.
What to know about our Guest Rooms: Many of our rooms can accommodate up to four people. We also offer a select number of side-by-side rooms with a common entryway that can be configured for guests interested in two distinct spaces to provide a little more room to accommodate families.
To make the most of your dining experiences, we offer wonderful options to satisfy the younger members of your family as well as the more discerning palates.
Kate’s Café Open at 6 am until 5 pm daily, we offer a variety of fresh sandwiches, homemade soups, beverages, and delightful baked goods.
Our Dining Room offers a fine selection of gourmet dishes in a well-appointed setting and is open for all meal periods, beginning with breakfast at 7 am.
Full family dining is also available in our Grand Lobby from 5 pm until 9 pm. Please see Host for seating. Reservations are highly recommended.
In-Suite Dining is available 24-hours and offers a wide variety of menu options. Please refer to your information binder located in your room for menu offerings.
The Snug Pub is reserved for our patrons 19 years of age and older.
For other family-friendly activities, may we suggest:
- The Oak Bay Marina’s resident harbour seals live and play right off the wharf. Purchase some frozen fish at the Marina gift shop for your children to feed to these local seals.
- From summer night markets to Halloween and Christmas events galore; there are many options throughout the year for our Concierge to connect you to.
- The Oak Bay Beach Hotel is happy to rent bicycles for your enjoyment from our Concierge or Front Desk and explore the seaside route and beautiful Oak Bay.