Travel Alert: COVID-19 Update
Updated as of May 29, 2020 at 12:29 PM
This page is updated regularly.
The Oak Bay Beach Hotel welcomes locals with an opening date of June 1, 2020.
Please click here to read more about “Our Best” Cleanliness and Safety Guidelines we have in place to safely welcome back guests to the hotel.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic closely, keeping those who are affected in our hearts, and are listening carefully to the questions and concerns we receive from guests. Whether you already have a vacation booked with us or you are considering visiting our hotel, please read on to learn how we are keeping our guests safe and continuing to deliver Our Best, Always.
As the global effects of COVID-19 continue to evolve and information is released, we continue to listen carefully to the daily updates by Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), World Health Organization (WHO), as well as our local health departments.
Confidence in our care and your safety
Providing safe and clean environments for our guests and colleagues is always a top priority for The Oak Bay Beach Hotel, and even more so today. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and want you to feel at ease when you visit our hotel, knowing you will experience the quality you expect from The Oak Bay Beach Hotel. These are some of the additional actions that we are implementing at this time and as the situation changes, we will adapt as required to protect our staff and guests.
The below precautionary and response measures are helping us continue to provide a safe and clean environment:
– Creation of a COVID-19 Task Force that meets daily;
– This page has been added to our website with regular updates in regards to the COVID-19
– Sharing “Our Best” Cleanliness and Safety Guidelines for our guests
Considering Booking With Us?
We are welcoming local residents back to The Oak Bay Beach Hotel with an opening date of June 1, 2020.
Please be aware that our online booking portals have been paused for bookings until after May 31, 2020. For full details, please contact us directly at 250-598-4556.
At this time, we are not offering our hotel for guests searching for accommodation to self-isolate. We will happily assist with reservations for stays from June 1, 2020, onward. Please keep in mind that this date is flexible and may change depending on the current situation.
To protect the safety and well-being of our guests and employees, we are:
– Closing all Public Areas for non-hotel guests;
– Scheduling regular sanitizing of the Front Desk, Public Areas, and Elevators;
– Disinfecting all Room Keys when returned, as well as all Keypads after each use;
– Limiting elevator use to one person or one household at a time;
– Adding signage throughout the hotel reminding guests and staff of how to protect themselves and prevent the spread of illness; and
– Adding additional hand sanitization stations throughout the hotel.
We are asking all guests to:
– Please consider the well being of others and maintain a distance of about 2 metres (6 feet) from other guests;
– If you become ill and have recently visited us and any of our facilities, please let us know so appropriate measures can be taken; and
– If you do not feel well, we ask that you please delay your visit and encourage you to reschedule when you are feeling better.
We are asking all guests to reschedule their stay/ reservation/ appointment if:
– They are experiencing symptoms of illness (fever, trouble breathing, coughing, sore throat, fatigue); or
– They are in contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms of illness (fever, trouble breathing, coughing, sore throat, fatigue); or
– They have travelled outside British Columbia in the past 14 days.
– At this time, we are not offering our hotel for guests searching for accommodation to self-isolate.
What To Expect Upon Arrival
– To ensure social distancing is in place and to reduce the number of guests inside the hotel, only registered guests and those with reservations/bookings for The Snug Pub and The Boathouse Spa are currently permitted in the building;
– Check-in and Check-Out experiences are now contactless;
– We have suspended Valet Service until further notice;
– All high-touchpoint items found in rooms have been removed to reduce waste, and are now available upon request at pre-arrival and during your stay;
– Complimentary disinfectant and cloths are provided in each room to use at your discretion.
During Your Stay
– Complimentary Coffee Service will be available upon request for all overnight hotel guests;
– To reduce risk to our guests and employees, Housekeeping will not be providing daily cleaning service or evening turndown service during your stay. Instead, we will be providing fresh linens upon request, left at your door to limit staff entering occupied rooms;
– We ask that you follow our navigational signage throughout the hotel to best ensure reduced traffic and congestion.
Food and Beverage
Please be aware that we are continuously monitoring the advisories of the BC Health department, WorkSafeBC and the BCCDC in regards to our Food & Beverage offerings and procedures.
Our newest restaurant, FARO Handcrafted Pizza and Tasting Room is now open for takeout service and delivery. Click here to learn more.
The Snug has reopened for takeout and dine-in service by reservation only. For full details regarding this new experience, as well as how to make a reservation, please click here.
Due to public health and safety concerns in relation to the potential transmission of COVID-19, we have decided to temporarily suspend dine-in operations for The Dining Room.
The Boathouse Spa and Baths will reopen on June 1, 2020, with new hours of 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM and offer a limited treatment menu. For full details regarding this new experience, please click here.
For further information on preventing the transmission of COVID-19 please visit BC Centre for Disease Control. To learn more about COVID-19, symptoms, how it spreads, and prevention please visit HealthLink BC.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding existing reservations or future plans, we look forward to speaking with you at 1-800-668-7758 or 1-250-598-4556.
From our family to yours, please stay safe and remember to take a deep breath, inhale and exhale, and know that we will be here to welcome you when it is safe to do so.
Our Best, Always.
The Oak Bay Beach Hotel team