Travel Alert: COVID-19 Update
We look forward to providing you with a truly memorable stay at The Oak Bay Beach Hotel.
Upon arrival, you will notice a few changes we have had to make in our operations. Rest assured we are far exceeding all requirements to keep you safe while we continue to provide you with Our Best world-class service.
Confidence in our care and your safety: Please click here to read more about “Our Best” Cleanliness and Safety Guidelines we have in place to safely welcome back guests to the hotel.
As the global effects of COVID-19 continue to evolve and information is released, we continue to listen carefully to the daily updates by Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), World Health Organization (WHO), as well as our local health departments.
Whether you already have a vacation booked with us or you are considering visiting our hotel, please read on to learn how we are keeping our guests safe and are continuing to deliver Our Best, Always.
Considering Booking With Us?
Please note, at this time we are not offering our hotel for guests searching for accommodation to self-isolate.
All hotel, restaurant and spa guests are required to wear a facial covering or mask in all indoor public areas of the hotel.
We are asking all guests to:
– Please consider the well being of others and maintain a distance of 6 feet from other guests;
– If you become ill and have recently visited us and any of our facilities, please let us know so appropriate measures can be taken; and
– If you do not feel well, we ask that you please delay your visit and encourage you to reschedule when you are feeling better.
We are asking all guests to reschedule their stay/ reservation/ appointment if:
– They are experiencing symptoms of illness (fever, trouble breathing, coughing, sore throat, fatigue); or
– They are in contact with someone who is experiencing the above listed symptoms of illness; or
– They have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days.
What To Expect Upon Arrival
– Please drive up to our Front Entrance to be greeted by our Welcome Ambassador. You will be provided with hotel information, optional and contactless assistance with luggage, and a key to access our secured underground parkade;
– All hotel, restaurant and spa guests are required to wear a mask or facial covering in all indoor public areas;
– Check-in and Check-Out experiences are now contactless;
– Valet Service has been temporarily suspended until further notice; and
– We have installed signs and markers throughout the property requesting adherence to physically distance a minimum of 6ft from other parties. This includes elevators, which can only accommodate one guest or one party at a time.
In Your Guest Room
– Changes to your room may be apparent when you enter, as we have had to remove as many touch points as possible to ensure effective and heightened sanitation. Our focus is always on providing personalized service and providing a warm, welcoming environment for our guests, thus all of these removed amenities are available upon request;
– We have partnered with local Vancouver company K’Pure Naturals to provide you with a custom bottle of Dry Clean Hand Sanitizer for you to keep. Additional bottles to take home may be purchased through our Front Desk for $9.95;
– A better sleep means a better you. To reduce risk to our guests and employees, Housekeeping will not be providing daily cleaning service or evening turndown during your stay. Instead, we will be providing fresh linens upon request, left at your door to limit staff entering occupied rooms; and
– We are ensuring that all guest rooms are left vacant for a minimum of 24 hours between guests, exceeding recommendations, for greater safety measures.
In-Room and Poolside Dining
– We are happy to continue to provide both In-Room Dining and Pool Side Dining, however the presentation has changed from our previous standards as we are limited to only offering them in disposable containers based on the guidelines provided to us.
– Guests visiting restaurants are asked to wear a mask until they are seated at their dining table, where they can remove their mask to dine;
– Our newest restaurant, FARO Handcrafted Pizza and Tasting Room is now open for indoor and patio dining. Click here to learn more.
– The Snug is open for indoor and patio dining on a first-come, first-serve basis. Click here to learn more.
– The Boathouse Kitchen & Bar offers a menu for all guests sing the Heated Seaside Mineral Pools. Click here to learn more.
– The Dining Room is temporarily closed.
– We have installed signs and markers throughout all dining areas and are requesting adherence to physically distance a minimum of 6ft from other parties and follow direction markers where applicable.
– Our staff will be wearing masks or be behind a barrier such as plexiglass if they are unable to keep 6ft distance from other staff or guests, as recommended by our Provincial Health Guidelines.
Heated Outdoor Mineral Pools
– Our Heated Outdoor Mineral Pools are open with a limited capacity, providing each pool experience with a more exclusive and luxurious feeling than ever before. They are open for Overnight Hotel Guests to use from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, and for Boathouse Spa Guests to use (at an additional cost) for two hours around their spa treatment time;
– Please note, depending on demand, exclusive pool access may be limited to 3 hours per pool visit for overnight Hotel Guests;
– Upon arrival, our Pool Ambassador will check each guest in and guide you to an assigned pool lounger. Every lounger has been sanitized before and after each use; and
– Our Boathouse Kitchen & Bar will continue to offer safe, poolside service while wearing a mask at all times.
Boathouse Spa & Baths
– The award-winning Boathouse Spa is open with new hours of 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and offers an updated treatment menu. To make a spa reservation, please call 250-940-0326 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For full details regarding this new experience, please click here.
– We encourage booking spa treatments well in advance due to new reduced capacities and high demand;
– Service with a (masked) smile. In addition to our spa service providers wearing masks, each Spa Guest is required to wear a mask during their treatment; and
– Changing rooms and lockers have updated limited capacity to ensure distancing within our facilities.
For further information on preventing the transmission of COVID-19 please visit BC Centre for Disease Control. To learn more about COVID-19, symptoms, how it spreads, and prevention please visit HealthLink BC.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding existing reservations or future plans, we look forward to speaking with you at 1-800-668-7758 or 1-250-598-4556.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Manor by the Sea.
Our Best, Always.
The Oak Bay Beach Hotel team