Travel Alert: COVID-19 Update
Our COVID-19 safety protocols are updated periodically, please review updated information just prior to your arrival. We look forward to providing you with a truly memorable stay at The Oak Bay Beach Hotel.
Considering Booking With Us?
As of June 15, we will be accepting reservations for all hotel, spa and restaurant guests that live in British Columbia and for those on essential travel. Please note, at this time we are not offering our hotel for guests searching for accommodation to self-isolate. We ask all guests to ensure that they are abiding by British Columbia’s current COVID-19 guidelines, which you can find here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Upon arrival, you will notice a few changes we have had to make in our operations. Rest assured we are far exceeding all requirements to keep you safe while we continue to provide you with Our Best world-class service.
Confidence in our care and your safety: Please click here to read more about “Our Best” Cleanliness and Safety Guidelines we have in place to safely welcome back guests to the hotel.
As per the November 19, 2020, Provincial Health Order, all hotel, restaurant and spa guests are required to wear a facial covering or mask in all indoor public areas of the hotel.
We are asking all guests to:
– Please consider the well being of others and maintain a distance of 6 feet from other guests;
– If you become ill and have recently visited us and any of our facilities, please let us know so appropriate measures can be taken; and
– If you do not feel well, we ask that you please delay your visit and encourage you to reschedule when you are feeling better.
We are asking all guests to reschedule their stay/ reservation/ appointment if:
– They are experiencing symptoms of illness (fever, trouble breathing, coughing, sore throat, fatigue); or
– They are in contact with someone who is experiencing the above listed symptoms of illness; or
– They have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days.
What To Expect Upon Arrival
– Please drive up to our Front Entrance to be greeted by our Welcome Ambassador. You will be provided with hotel information, optional and contactless assistance with luggage, and a key to access our secured underground parkade;
– All hotel, restaurant and spa guests are required to wear a mask or facial covering in all indoor public areas.
– Check-in and Check-Out experiences are now contactless;
– Hand sanitizer is available in all public areas, and we encourage staff and guests to use it when entering or departing different areas;
– Valet Service has been temporarily suspended until further notice; and
– We have installed signs and markers throughout the property requesting adherence to physically distance a minimum of 6ft from other parties. This includes elevators, which can only accommodate one guest or one party at a time.
In Your Guest Room
– Changes to your room may be apparent when you enter, as we have removed as many touch points as possible to ensure effective and heightened sanitation. Our focus is always on providing personalized service and providing a warm, welcoming environment for our guests, thus all of these removed amenities are available upon request;
– We have partnered with local Vancouver company K’Pure Naturals to provide you with a custom bottle of Dry Clean Hand Sanitizer that is yours to keep. Additional bottles to take home may be purchased through our Front Desk for $9.95;
– A better sleep means a better you. To reduce risk to our guests and employees, Housekeeping will not be providing daily cleaning service or evening turndown during your stay. Instead, we will be providing fresh linens upon request, left at your door to limit staff entering occupied rooms; and
– We are ensuring that all guest rooms are left vacant for a minimum of 3 to 24 hours between guests, exceeding recommendations, for greater safety measures.
Boathouse Spa & Baths
– The award-winning Boathouse Spa is open with new hours of 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM Sunday through Wednesday, and 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Thursday through Saturday.
– To make a spa reservation, please call 250-940-0326 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For full details regarding spa experiences, please click here.
– We encourage booking spa treatments well in advance due to new reduced capacities and high demand;
– Service with a (masked) smile. In addition to our spa service providers wearing masks, each Spa Guest is required to wear a mask during their treatment and in all indoor public spaces; and
– Changing rooms and lockers have updated limited capacity to ensure distancing within our facilities.
In-Room and Poolside Dining
– We are happy to continue to provide both In-Room Dining and Pool Side Dining;
– We ask that guests utilize our Text-for-Service to have your dishes cleared, in a way to reduce dishes placed in the hallways;
– We currently offer Pool Side Dining in disposable containers based on the guidelines provided to us.
– Guests visiting restaurants are asked to wear a mask until they are seated at their dining table, where they can remove their mask to dine;
– We will only accept groups of 6 individuals or less;
– FARO Handcrafted Pizza is open for indoor and outdoor dining, as well as takeaway. Click here to learn more.
– The Snug Pub is open for indoor and outdoor dining on a first-come, first-serve basis. Click here to learn more.
– The Boathouse Kitchen & Bar offers a menu for all guests using the Heated Seaside Mineral Pools. Click here to learn more. Please note, 2 pieces of government-issued ID is required when purchasing alcohol on our pool deck.
– The Dining Room is temporarily closed.
– We have installed signs and markers throughout all dining areas and are requesting adherence to physically distance a minimum of 6ft from other parties and follow direction markers where applicable; and
– Our staff will be wearing masks or be behind a barrier such as plexiglass if they are unable to keep 6ft distance from other staff or guests, as recommended by our Provincial Health Guidelines.
Heated Outdoor Mineral Pools
– Our Heated Outdoor Mineral Pools are open with a limited capacity, providing each pool experience a more exclusive and luxurious feeling than ever before. They are open for Overnight Hotel Guests to enjoy from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm, and for Boathouse Spa Guests (as an additional option) for two hours before or after their spa treatment time;
– Please note, depending on demand, exclusive pool access may be limited to 3 hours per pool visit for overnight Hotel Guests;
– Upon arrival, our Pool Ambassador will check each guest in and guide you to an assigned pool lounger. Every lounger has been sanitized before and after each use;
– Guests are asked to socially distance when enjoying the mineral pool;
– Our Boathouse Kitchen & Bar will continue to offer safe, poolside service while wearing a mask at all times. Please note, 2 pieces of government-issued ID is required when purchasing alcohol on our pool deck;
– We encourage guests to wear masks as they walk from the hotel/spa to the pool deck. Upon arrival at the pool deck, please wear your mask until you have been given your assigned lounger. Guests do not need to wear a mask while using the pool or hot tubs.
Conference Services & Hotel Offerings
– As of June 15, 2021, we are pleased to now offer indoor seated organized gatherings of up to 50 guests, and outdoor seated organized gatherings of up to 50 guests, with proper COVID-19 protocols in place. Contact our Conference Services & Private Events team here.
– Find our Calendar of Events, including Winemakers Dinner, Sunrise Yoga, VIP Movie Nights and more, here;
For further information on preventing the transmission of COVID-19 please visit BC Centre for Disease Control. To learn more about COVID-19, symptoms, how it spreads, and prevention please visit HealthLink BC.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding existing reservations or future plans, we look forward to speaking with you at 1-800-668-7758 or 1-250-598-4556.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Manor by the Sea.
Our Best, Always.
The Oak Bay Beach Hotel team